Facelifts are a tried-and-true way to take years off of your appearance, but finding a fantastic surgeon can be tricky.
If you’re struggling to find a provider you can trust, just keep reading for the top five steps to find the best facelift plastic surgeon in Virginia!
But First, Here’s Why It’s so Important to Choose a Good Cosmetic Surgeon
Choosing a qualified, talented practitioner for your cosmetic procedure is the key ingredient to experiencing beautiful results while minimizing your risk of complications. A good surgeon who specializes in facial surgeries knows how to combine skill with an artistic vision, ensuring that your facelift flatters you and that you look naturally refreshed instead of stretched or frozen.
In addition to this, they adhere to strict safety and hygienic practices to minimize the risk of severe side effects and complications, prioritizing health just as much as aesthetics.
What Are the Five Steps I Should Take for Choosing an Outstanding Plastic Surgeon?
Finding the best facelift plastic surgeon in Virginia doesn’t have to be daunting, and it’s not when you take the following steps:
- Ask for recommendations from trusted peers. If you know someone who has had a facelift procedure, inquire about their experience with it, who they went to, and whether they would recommend that provider. This open dialogue with someone you trust can point you in the right direction towards a highly skilled surgeon that can provide you with the results you desire.
- Verify that your surgeon has top tier credentials. Plastic surgery is its own art form that involves years of education, training, and experience. Before deciding on a doctor, make sure that they’re fully licensed, have the appropriate credentials, and are board certified by either the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery or the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. You also want to choose a surgeon who has been successfully performing facelifts for years.
- Check to be sure they specialize in facelifts. Many cosmetic surgeons have a specialty, so be on the lookout for ones that specialize in facelifts. There are several different techniques, ranging from the more traditional method to in-depth ones like the deep plane facelift.
- Look at reviews and before / after photos. Get a feel for a practitioner’s approach to this classic procedure by reading reviews and looking at their before / after gallery. Try to find cases similar to you for an idea of the results you can expect.
- Book a consultation to get to know them. Once you find a provider with overall positive reviews who checks all the boxes, it’s time to take the next step and schedule a consultation. This gives you the opportunity to get to know them and decide whether you feel comfortable with receiving care from them.
What Should I Expect During a Facelift Consultation?
A facelift consultation is the stepping stone to greatness.
During this initial visit, you and your doctor will discuss your goals, medical history, current medications if applicable, and similar matters. Then, they’ll examine your facial features, particularly where signs of aging are present.
If a facelift is the appropriate solution for your concerns, they’ll recommend the best facelift technique for your goals, review the type of results you can expect, and give you both pre-surgical and post-operative care instructions.
The Cohen Clinic Is Where You’ll Find the Best Facelift Plastic Surgeon in Virginia!
Dr. Justin Cohen is a double-board-certified cosmetic surgeon who specializes in various facelift techniques, from the long-lasting deep plane to the mini method!
Reach us today at 703-349-7803 to book your consultation and find out more about our many anti-aging procedures!