Are you sick and tired of looking in the mirror and seeing the effects of aging on your face?
Do you often find yourself pulling your facial skin taut to remember what it used to look like? Then it’s time to consider a facelift.
Here’s what you can expect at a deep plane facelift surgery consultation in Potomac, Maryland!
What Is the Purpose of a Consultation Before a Facelift? Is It Actually Necessary?
If you’re interested in a deep plane facelift or any other cosmetic procedure, then you may be wondering if a consultation is necessary and why you should have one in the first place.
A thorough consultation with a board-certified surgeon offers many benefits. It gives you an opportunity to learn more about this advanced technique, whether or not it’s right for you, and everything it entails.
It also allows you to ask questions and address any concerns you might have, ensuring that you feel comfortable with your decision. Another benefit is that your surgeon is able to properly examine your features, fully customizing your results to your one-of-a-kind goals.
What Should I Expect During My Deep Plane Facelift Surgery Consultation in Potomac, Maryland?
During your deep plane facelift surgery consultation in Potomac, Maryland, you can expect to:
- Discuss your goals and expectations. Your initial visit will begin with you and your surgeon talking about why you want a deep plane facelift and the type of results you expect, as well as your medical history and other important information. It’s important to be honest and realistic, although still optimistic.
- Have a facial assessment. Your surgeon will perform a facial examination, noting problem areas and creating the ideal treatment plan for you. They may also take “before” photos so you can see the difference after your surgery.
- Determine your candidacy. Using the aforementioned steps, you’ll be informed whether or not you’re a suitable candidate for the deep plane technique. This particular surgery is best suited for signs of aging in the mid and lower facial areas.
- Talk about different facelift methods. There are multiple facelift techniques, including the SMAS, mini lift, and a deep plane facelift. SMAS and deep plane are often confused for each other, however they’re different. While the SMAS method targets the superficial muscular aponeurotic system, the deep plane surgery is more extensive. The entire SMAS layer is lifted, allowing the ligaments attached to this system to be released, as well as repositioning them.
- Go over benefits and potential risks. A good surgeon is an honest surgeon who offers patient education. This includes establishing the pros and cons of the deep plane technique, side effects, and potential complications.
- Discuss the cost. If you decide to pursue this procedure, the next step is to receive an individualized quote. The average price of a deep plane lift is $17,125, however it has a wide range. Price depends on factors such as the complexity of your case, your practitioner’s credentials, whether or not you have complementary surgeries, and other factors. Don’t forget, your out-of-pocket expenses will also include things such as post-operative garments or medications that aren’t included in your provider’s fee.
- Learn how to prepare for your procedure. The next step is to prepare for your surgery. You’ll be given a set of instructions, so make sure to follow these to a T!
- Receive aftercare instructions. Post-surgical care is important as well, and can really make or break your results. Again, listen to your provider’s instructions in order to get the best results.
Find Out More About the Deep Plane Technique and Whether It’s Right for You at Cohen Clinic for Plastic Surgery!
Cohen Clinic is proud to offer comprehensive consultations in McLean, Virginia! We’re here to educate our patients, find the appropriate anti-aging solutions for them, and provide exceptional services.
Contact us today at 703-349-7803 to book your consultation!