Considering cosmetic surgery to give your face – and your self-esteem – a boost? To help you decide on whether to proceed with surgery and which facelift technique is right for you, you should know about the deep plane facelift.
This remarkable anti-aging procedure restructures the anatomical plane below the superficial facial muscles and fascia under the skin for longer lasting and more natural looking results.
When it comes to who the best deep plane facelift candidates in Arlington, Virginia are, here’s what you should know.
But First, You Need a Little Info About This Trending Procedure
When it comes to facial rejuvenation, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Depending on your individual needs and goals, you may opt for a different procedure. But, if you are looking for a comprehensive solution that can address multiple areas of your face, a deep plane facelift is the best option.
The SMAS is the superficial musculoaponeurotic system composed of connective tissues, muscle, and fat under your facial skin. As you get older, this system suffers from laxity, or looseness, causing you to look your age or worse – older than you really are.
The deep plane facelift goes deeper than a traditional facelift and an SMAS facelift by repositioning deep facial muscles so they are lifted and tightened. This prevents the windblown look commonly associated with traditional facelifts.
You should know, this is a highly specialized surgery that only qualified board-certified plastic surgeons should perform if you want great results. So, don’t take choosing your surgeon lightly. Be sure to find a doctor with years of experience performing the deep plane lift technique, an excellent reputation, and glowing five-star reviews from verified patients. Ask to see before / after photos of their actual patients to determine whether you appreciate the aesthetics they’re able to provide.
Who Makes the Best Deep Plane Facelift Candidates in Arlington, Virginia? Here’s Who Qualifies
To determine eligibility, your plastic surgeon will take these factors into account:
- Age: While you are eligible between the ages of 40 to 65, you’re a good candidate if you’re 45 to 60. People ages 50 to 60 make the best candidates for a deep plane lift.
- Desired results: You’re a great candidate for this exceptional procedure if you have realistic expectations about what this procedure can achieve. You should have the desire for long-lasting results that allow you to still look like yourself but more youthful and well rested. If you want a dramatic change to your appearance, discuss that with your surgeon so they may customize a different procedure that is better suited to you.
- Health: You need to be in generally good mental and physical health with no conditions that may prevent eligibility, such as an allergy to anesthesia, blood clotting disorders, or high blood pressure. Be sure to disclose all of your medical history to your surgeon, including medications and supplements you take, whether they are prescription or not. You should also share information about past surgeries, lifestyle habits, and other wellness-related details so your doctor can decide if this is a safe surgery for you to undergo.
- Skin laxity / sagging / dropping: You should have moderate to severe skin laxity on your face and neck to be a good candidate for a deep plane lift. Otherwise, a less invasive procedure would be a better choice for you.
- Tobacco use: To qualify, you should be a non-smoker or prepared to quit tobacco products at least four to six weeks before your procedure and for the same length of time or longer afterward. Not only does smoking increase your risk of blood clots after surgery, but smoking constricts blood vessels, which impedes your body’s natural healing process.
Should You Consider a Deep Plane Facelift for Facial Rejuvenation?
If you are a good candidate and are trying to determine whether this is the right procedure for you, consider the following deep plane lift benefits.
- Results typically last 10 to 15 years, which is much longer than a traditional facelift.
- It offers a reduced risk of scarring, facial skin trauma, and revision surgery.
- You may notice skin improvement, as it helps promote better circulation.
- A deep plane lift addresses the following aging concerns: eyelid drooping, saggy jowls, double chin appearance, heavy lines and wrinkles, volume loss, and lack of definition in the cheeks, neck, and jawline.
If you are considering a facelift, you may be wondering what type is right for you. There are many different types including the deep plane and SMAS lift, each with its own benefits and drawbacks.
Deep plane lifts are often considered the gold standard for facial rejuvenation. They provide dramatic results and can address a wide range of concerns. If you are looking for a facelift that can give you natural looking results that last, ask a reputable plastic surgeon if you qualify and whether this is the right choice for you.
For Outstanding Facelift Results That Look Natural and Avoid the Windblown Look, Choose Cohen Clinic for a Deep Plane Facelift
Find out if you’re one of the best deep plane facelift candidates in Arlington, Virginia by booking a consultation with renowned plastic surgeon Dr. Justin Cohen. A double board-certified surgeon, Dr. Cohen is one of the select providers performing this specialized technique with the artistry and precision it deserves.
Call us today at 703-349-7803 to schedule your appointment, and put your best face forward with amazing deep plane facelift results from Cohen Clinic!